Last Modified Date: May, 19th, 2017
Introduction to Responsible Gaming
AutoLotto understands Problem-Gambling/Gaming (hereafter “Problem Gaming”) as being broadly defined as a mental health disorder in which an individual has a psychological preoccupation with, and urge to gamble. In essence, problem gaming is gaming behavior that causes disruptions in any major area of life: psychological, physical, social or otherwise. As such, this policy will address the following areas where we can provide information to promote responsible gaming:
- Underage gambling policies and practices
- Responsible gambling policies
- Information and messaging
Overall, it is the intention that this policy will:
- Provide an objective check on internal responsible gaming policies and procedures
- Assure that customers are of legal age to open a customer account
- Have prominent placement within the website and functionality to be easily accessible by users
- Act as a check and balance to promote the adoption of improved practices in responsible lottery participation efforts
- Increase public confidence by assuring our customers and users that we take their safety and the issues of underage and responsible gaming seriously
Mission Statement for Underage and Responsible Gaming
We are committed to responsible lottery participation and are dedicated to an enjoyable and positive experience for all of our players that choose to play lottery tickets through AutoLotto. While most customers will play for fun and entertainment, we also recognize that a small percentage of players may:
- Attempt to play when they are underage; or
- Allow the excitement of playing the lottery to affect their lives negatively.
We are committed to protecting at risk players to by informing and assisting those who may wish to limit the amount that they play.
Persons under the legal age set by the state are prohibited from playing the lottery and And preventing youth gaming is an important facet of AutoLotto’s operation.
Any underage player who has provided dishonest or inaccurate information regarding their true age will have all winnings forfeited by state and federal lottery agencies and regulatory bodies and prizes will be treated as an unclaimed. In any states where penalties apply, they may potentially face criminal prosecution.
What AutoLotto does
- Every person signing up for a new AutoLotto account must willfully acknowledge that they are of legal age to play. This further notifies all that AutoLotto does not accept players under legal playing age.
- When a player creates an account, AutoLotto collects identifiers to confirm that the player is at least 18 years old.
- AutoLotto does not target underage players with marketing and advertising objectives. AutoLotto feels doing so is neither good business nor consistent with AutoLotto’s values.
What you, our Customer can do
- Be sure to protect your account. All known AutoLotto-capable devices can be set up to have password and/or biometric-restrictive access-control to gain access. In general, this is a good practice, but it’s even more important when there are children or teenagers in your household. Also, please be certain to keep your password private. If you have any concern that somebody else might attempt to access your AutoLotto account, you should not allow the software to remember your password.
- In the unlikely event that you become aware of an underage person using the AutoLotto platform, let us know. Simply send an email or call our Customer Happiness team and we will get right on it. Our first step is to investigate, and if warranted, freeze the player’s account and request identification from that player. We take these reports seriously.
AutoLotto pledges to our employees, our customers, and the community at large to make responsible gaming an integral part of our daily operations. This pledge includes employee assistance and training, our advertising and marketing practices, and our commitment to public awareness surrounding responsible and underage gaming. Currently, AutoLotto limits ticket acquisition to 20 tickets per draw. and provides a clear set of guidelines, policies and practices on problem gaming, posting them prominently within the website and app. n the states where AutoLotto operates, AutoLotto intends to provide corporate support of community non-profit organizations that help educate the general public and serve as an advocate for programs and services to assist problem gamblers and their families.
Setting Limits on Deposits and Purchases
AutoLotto does its part by setting daily limits on ticket purchases for an individual account. Further, we allow only a single account per person, and we prohibit the use of an AutoLotto player’s account by any other person, or by a jailbroken phone.
If you believe that playing the lottery might be a hindrance to your life rather than a form of entertainment, we want to help you. First, please review the following questions:
- Has playing the lottery or any other gaming caused you to neglect your own welfare or that of your family?
- Have you ever sold anything or borrowed money to finance your playing the lottery or any other gaming?
- Have you often played when you couldn’t afford to?
- Have you ever considered self-destruction or suicide as a result of your playing?
If you answered “Yes” to any or several of these questions, we encourage you to visit Gamblers Anonymous or call 1-800-Gambler as on our site. You can take the test in from The National Council on Problem Gambling at: www.ncpgaming.org/i4a/survey/survey.cfm?id=6
Information and Messaging
Information on responsible gambling and problem gambling is readily available to all AutoLotto customers at http://www.rgrc.org/en. In addition, all AutoLotto customers can access a 24-hour hotline for problem gamblers at 1-800-Gambler. To the greatest extent possible all policy and educational measures will align with this messaging so as not to negate any intended positive impact. It is important that Responsible Gambling information and messaging not be overshadowed by advertising and promotion of the gaming or lottery activity itself. While advertising and promotion are important to fulfilling AutoLotto’s economic mandates, it is essential that social responsibility and high standards are maintained. As such, all advertising and marketing campaigns and / or materials must not:
- Imply exaggerated chances of winning
- Encourage gaming beyond one’s means
- Explicitly imply that financial rewards are a likely outcome of gaming
- Focus unduly on the possibility of benefits accrued to players based on their volume of gaming activity
- Ever be targeted towards children
With the legalization of Internet gaming and AutoLotto’s commitment to enabling the online play of lottery tickets in certain states, AutoLotto accepts the mantle of increasing knowledge and improving awareness with respect to problem, pathological and underage gaming (including lottery playing). The regulation of online gaming should serve as a thoughtful undertaking that provides gamers and lottery players important tools for controlling their gaming habits. AutoLotto is taking a proactive approach to the problem by explaining how it will help combat underage and problem gaming and promote responsible gaming.